Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Buenos Aires!!!

Buenos Aires was absolutely amazing! I've never been to a city like that before but in the words of my friend .. "buenos aires is like toyko on horse steroids." its just huge in every way. It is a beautiful city with monstrous buildings that just tower over everything. I visited the widest street in the world that spans literally 22 lanes!!! its insane. The nightlife is so much better in argentina with crowds of people storming the streets on the weekends. One of the best things of the weekend was getting to watch tango dancers dancing in the streets whereever i went. I visited the famous plaza de mayo that i've been learning about since forever in spanish class and there was even a riot there earlier in the day. i saw the grave of evita and visited numerous small neighborhoods, each very distinct from the others. I had great ice cream in argentina and even caught some of the half time show of the superbowl and the highlights from first quarter. There is just so much more life, atmosphere, and cultures in Buenos Aires than Santiago. It was humid, but a nice change from the dry heat here. It was a great weekend and i highly suggest visiting if you want to visit a city in south america. I wish i had more time to explore Buenos Aires such as the theatre district, but I have a crazy week ahead with a 5 page midterm, 4 page paper, 2 page midterm, 10 min presentation, and revised 4 page paper. blah. I found out Jorge, my Chilean brother, likes to play chess so we battled it out in two games of intese chess after dinner. I’ve been dancing and its great that classes are now a little smaller (10 people) in February since everyone is at the beach for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home