Monday, January 31, 2005

staying around Santiago

I spent this past weekend hanging out around Santiago and at home with my family. I visited the National Museum of Natural History, which is the largest in South America, a a small museum of technology, and Quinta Normal which is one of the largest parks here in Santiago. Local Chilean university students joined us and it was fun just to get to speak with locals that were the same age as us. It rained for the first time since I’ve been here and the weather has surprisingly turned colder. My family and I decided to go eat lunch together at a nearby restaurant called Shopdog which is very similar to HardRock Cafes since they too displayed antique objects. This is the place to get the best hotdogs although the hotdogs here are topped with tons of guacamole, chopped tomatoes, and mayonnaise! It sounds gross but it is surprisingly pretty good after you eat a couple =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home